Tiger Woods has split with his swing coach Chris Como after a three-year spell together.
Woods has decided to work alone for the 2018 campaign after returning to action at the Hero World Challenge earlier this month – his first tournament since February, due to another lengthy lay-off with a back injury.
"Since my fusion surgery I've been working hard to relearn my own body and golf swing," said the 41-year-old.
"For now, it's best for me to continue to do this on my own. I'm grateful to Chris Como for his past work, and I have nothing but respect for him."
Statement from Chris Como re: split with Tiger Woods. pic.twitter.com/h9gtdkdwmA
— Rex Hoggard (@RexHoggardGC) December 22, 2017
Woods performed well at the Hero World Challenge after returning from a fourth operation on his back – a procedure which Como hopes will help the former world number one finally cure the problem.
"Tiger is ready to have an incredible next run in his career,” said Como in a statement to the Golf Channel.
"I'm eager to watch what will be one of the most exciting sports comebacks of all time. I will continue to be a close friend and resource to him."
US Open champion Brooks Koepka and runner-up Tommy Fleetwood share more than just recent success, as Matt Cooper reveals.
Tommy Fleetwood didn’t win the US Open on Sunday, but his final-round 63 has left him positive he was what it takes to win a major in the future.
La Manga Club has launched a new sporting academy this summer for youngsters, combining tennis and golf in one week-long academy.
The beachside Praia D’el Rey Marriott Resort has got a new look after its rooms were remodelled to the tune of nearly €1m.
The USGA admitted it was at fault on Saturday after several players blasted the US Open course set up at Shinnecock Hills.
Dustin Johnson still believes he is in a strong position to win the US Open, despite seeing his four-shot advantage wiped out.