Willett’s win in top moments list
Golf cracked the top five of the 10 best sporting moments of 2016, as Danny Willett became the first British Masters winner in 20 years at Augusta.
Leicester City's miraculous title win took centre stage as expected, while Liverpool's late heroics against Dortmund also ranked highly.
Rocket Ronnie O’Sullivan’s decision to pass up a 147 break in protest at a competition’s prize money and Tyson Fury taunting Wladimir Klitschko with his beer belly ahead of their rematch also make the the list.
The poll was carried out by Domino’s, the UK’s favourite pizza brand, to mark its latest TV ad, which sees people lost for words by the delicious taste of its pizza and has already had over one million views on YouTube.
Other memorable moments in a gripping year of sport so far include England winning the Six Nations Grand Slam, Rule the World upsetting the odds to win the Grand National, Ben Stokes’ devastating last over in the World T20 Final and the Notorious Conor McGregor tweeting his supposed retirement from the UFC.
Such is the unpredictability of sport this year, a third of those questioned (30 per cent) believe England will win Euro 2016, a quarter (25 per cent) think they could even beat the Germans should they meet in a penalty shootout.
Top 2016 sporting moments…
1. Leicester City win the Premier League having been 5,000-1 outsiders
2. Liverpool come back to beat Borussia Dortmund 4-3
3. Ronnie O’Sullivan passes up a 147 on protest at prize money
4. Danny Willett wins the Masters to become first British winner in 20 years
5. England win the Grand Slam in Paris for the first time since 2013
6. Conor McGregor tweets his decision to retire (then takes it back)
7. Ben Stokes’ devastating over in the T20 Final
8. Rule the World upsets the odds to win the Grand National
9. Jemima Sumgong gets back on her feet to win the London Marathon
10. Tyson Fury taunts Wladimir Klitschko with his beer belly ahead of their rematch
Confirmed: Tiger Woods is still a draw after Golf Channel ratings bump
Woods still does Tiger numbers.
Why you can’t stop chunking your irons – and how to stop it
That’s Captain Chunk to you…
Ranking all 6 Australian states by the quality of their golf courses
How do Australia’s states stack up when it comes to their golf.
Titleist launch incredible limited edition Mystic Blue Scotty Cameron HXXIII Newport Putter
The Mystic Blue Scotty Cameron HXXIII Newport Putter is breathtaking.
The clubs Scottie Scheffler used to win the Hero World Challenge – including a new custom putter
Scottie Scheffler had a new putter in hand for his Hero World Challenge win.
5 of the very best drivers to give you more distance off the tee
Looking for distance in a driver? We have you covered.
What golf clubs did Min Woo Lee have in his bag for the Australian Open?
What’s in the bag for the Chef?
Wild Horse Golf Club emphatically answers the question ‘is affordable golf in Nebraska any good’
Wild Horse Golf Club has made fine use of Nebraska’s prairies to create a unique and surprisingly affordable experience.
What’s in the bag for rising PGA Tour star Max Homa?
What does top-10 star Max Homa have in his bag?