Want the Best Golf ‘Job’ in the World?
Visit Scotland has launched its search for a golfer who can undertake a pretty sensational responsibility.
Ever dreamt of a job where you just play golf? You could be about to swing into that dream post.
Visit Scotland is offering one lucky individual a golf job with a difference, albeit it’s not an official job and only temporary for two weeks but who cares right?!
Scotland is ‘The Home of Golf’; it’s where the game began and is one of the best, if not the best golfing destination on the planet.
The right candidate will play golf in all seven regions around Scotland in a golf extravaganza, playing some of the best courses, unearthing unique golf experiences, sampling amazing Scottish hospitality, food, drink and lots more.
Applications are now being accepted for this two week ‘job’ where someone will travel the country playing golf along the way.
What’s the catch? Just a small one – you need to create amazing content on the courses, at the places you stay, where you eat out and areas you explore, all for you to put together a golfer’s dream come true Golf Guide to Scotland.
The lucky winner will play a Ryder Cup Venue, a course where The Open began, the Number two course in the world as voted by Golf Digest plus many more.
To apply you need to create a short video reviewing your own course or any course in the most fun way (video should be 60 – 90 seconds long) you can use drone footage, phones, cameras or whatever works best for you.
To apply visit www.visitscotlandgolf.com/bestgolfjob
• Play 2 rounds of golf in each of the 7 regions and bring your best golfing friend along.
• 14 rounds & 14 days in total.
• Visit other golf courses in area and find out some info for the interested golfing visitors.
• Explore some of the areas 19th hole offering for the best of food and drink.
• Create Vlogs for YouTube as well as Instagram posts and stories throughout each day and any other forms of media you can think of.
• Create a complete Golf Guide on completion of the trip; this will be through a blog as well as YouTube video of your adventure in Scotland Home of Golf.
• All golf tee times and lunch at the courses are provided for as will B&B accommodation and car hire/ travel to Scotland
• You will receive an allowance of £750.00 each for the duration off your trip
US Open day three: Rory McIlroy in position to pounce at Torrey Pines
McIlroy’s last major win was at the 2014 PGA Championship.
Rory McIlroy takes a leap to ending major drought at US Open
He is two shots off the lead after 54 holes in California.
Rory McIlroy within striking distance after climbing up US Open leaderboard
The Northern Irishman went around in 67 on Saturday.
History with top six at US Open as Richard Bland and Russell Henley set pace
Of the last 25 US Open champions, 23 were at or within two shots of the lead after 36 holes.
US Open history on side of leading pack as early starters bid to make inroads
Richard Bland and Russell Henley were the joint leaders at Torrey Pines.
Bubba Watson empathises with Naomi Osaka as US Open challenge gathers pace
Osaka said that talking to the media triggered anxiety.
The Open to welcome 32,000 fans a day in boost for Royal St George’s
The tournament starts on July 15.
US Open day two: Richard Bland stays strong as Hideki Matsuyama’s belt gives up
Last year’s runner-up Matthew Wolff and former Open champion Louis Oosthuizen are a shot off the pace.
Richard Bland extends fine form to claim share of US Open lead
The 48-year-old is the oldest player to lead or share the lead after 36 holes in US Open history.
Richard Bland continues fine form to claim the overnight lead at the US Open
The Englishman finished day two one shot ahead of former Open champion Louis Oosthuizen.