Cameron Champ has withdrawn from the Travelers Championship after testing positive for coronavirus.
The American revealed he is in good spirits despite the diagnosis during pre-tournament screening on Tuesday, meaning he will now have to self-isolate.
“I feel great physically and I was obviously surprised and disappointed to learn of the test result,” Champ told the official PGA Tour website.
“It’s important now to take the necessary steps and measures to protect others, including my loved ones.”
The PGA Tour is expected to release full testing results on Wednesday.
Last week, Nick Watney became the first golfer to test positive for Covid-19 since the PGA Tour’s resumption earlier this month, with the American withdrawing from the RBC Heritage ahead of his second round.
The Northern Irishman won the last of his four major titles in 2014.
McIlroy has struggled to perform to his best in the PGA Tour’s fan-free environment since it returned in June.
Rory McIlroy says he doesn’t lose any sleep over his lack of major wins.
The American has apologised and accepted the European Tour’s decision.
Tiger Woods and Jon Rahm don’t mind that the PGA Championship will be played without spectators.
The American is aiming for a third straight triumph in the tournament at Harding Park.
The 44-year-old has had just four competitive rounds since mid-February due to injury and the coronavirus pandemic.
He has good memories of Harding Park and is hoping he can be in contention for a second major title.
The American pair opened strongly on Sunday to eke out a gap on the chasing pack.