This prestigious golf resort in West Midlands, is the home of this week’s Quinn Direct British Masters.
The Belfry is a prestigious golf resort in Wishaw, Warwickshire, near Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, where this week’s The Quinn Direct British Masters is to be played.
Owned by Irish billionaire Sean Quinn, who acquired the course in 2005, this magnificent parkland course is set in 550 acres of the finest English countryside, yet is only minutes from major transport links.
The club has three golf courses.
the championship ‘Brabazon’ layout is the main tournament course with the others being ‘The PGA National’ and ‘The Derby Course’.
The Belfry hosted the Ryder Cup in 1985, 1989, 1993 and 2002, and has staged many European Tour events.
As of 2007, The Belfry, a “unique four star resort”, according to it’s official website, has 324 hotel rooms and suites and is able to cater for world class golf events, has abundant conference and leisure facilities, and a team “who will ensure your visit is every bit as good as it should be”.
One of the world’s most famous golf destinations, The Belfry is home to the Quinn Direct British Masters, and has hosted the Benson & Hedges International Open and the PGA Seniors’ Championship and along with an unprecedented four Ryder Cups, stands as testimony to the quality of golf you will experience here.
It is this quality that has also led to The Belfry being chosen as home to the headquarters of the PGA of Great Britain & Ireland, the PGA of Europe, and the PGA.
TOUR OF THE COURSE
For a Hole-by-Hole tour of the Brabazon course on The Belfry’s official website, you should click here
– Corporate golf memberships are available on both The Brabazon and PGA National courses.
– Season Ticket Holder Membership is available on the PGA National and The Derby courses from as little as £439.
PGA NATIONAL GOLF ACADEMY
The PGA National Golf Academy, which is situated at the club, reflects The Belfry’s dedication to golf by offering world class golf tuition, practice facilities and custom fitting services to golfers of all abilities, ranging from the raw beginner to the finely honed advanced golfer. The Belfry boasts that with it’s handpicked team of over 20 PGA qualified Golf Professionals on site, it is able to continually offer the most up to date teaching methods
The academy offers:
– A 34 bay floodlit driving range
– A short game practice area
– A Mini Brabazon 18 hole putting course
– A Nike golf shop and Custom Fitting suite
– Video analysis and launch monitor technology
– Junior Golf Academy
The National Custom Fit Centre offers a choice of five custom fitting suites, bringing together a range of the latest golf clubs from ten of the worlds leading brands. Custom fitting sessions are charged at £50 which is then deducted from the price of your clubs at purchase.
– Leisure Club: Outside of the golf, you can also take time out to relax in the leisure club with its swimming pools, its sauna, gymnasium and exercise studio.
– The Spa: You can also pampered and rejuvenated in The Spa with its treatment rooms and hair salon.
WINING AND DINING:
The Belfry claims to be “every bit as passionate about food as we are about golf” and says it can offer a dining experience to suit every occasion and taste, ranging from:
– The gourmet award-winning cuisine of The French Restaurant
– The exciting atmosphere of Sam’s Bar and Grill whose welcoming decor is enhanced by historic golfing images, memorabilia and views over the golf courses and whose vibrant and buzzing atmosphere is complimented by a large screen showing Sky Sports channels.
– The Atrium where you can tailor an array of traditional roasts and speciality dishes by selecting your favourites from our mouth-watering buffet of starters and desserts.
– The Belfry Bar which is the place to indulge in coffee and teas from around the world, and in sandwiches and light snacks during the day, and in a fun Spanish tapas menu in the evening.
– The Cafe Bar which is situated in the Leisure Club and is ideal for a more informal dining experience that provides you with an extensive selection of healthy options including salads, freshly made fruit smoothies, wraps and jacket potatoes.
Most of the venues open from 7h00 and stay open until 23.00 with food served until 21h30 to 22h00
FURTHER INFORMATION: For further information re accommodation, dress codes, memberships, course fees etc you can go to http://www.thebelfry.co.uk/aboutthebelfry.cfm or phone +44 (0)1675 470301 or fax +44 (0)1675 470256
Andy Sullivan credits change in putting routine after carding 61 in Dubai
The 34-year-old needed to birdie his final two holes to break the 60 barrier.
Danny Willett looking for strong finish to disappointing year
Willett is gearing up for the Golf in Dubai Championship.
Christiaan Bezuidenhout claims four-shot victory at Alfred Dunhill Championship
The South African was a picture of consistency down the stretch as those around him faltered.
Adrian Meronk keeps victory bid on course in Alfred Dunhill Championship
The Pole takes a one-shot lead into the final round at Leopard Creek.
European Tour CEO Keith Pelley eases fears of PGA Tour takeover
If a takeover were to happen, Keith Pelley says, it’s still “miles away”.
Adrian Meronk opens up three-shot lead at Alfred Dunhill Championship
Meronk became the first Polish player to share the lead at a European Tour event.
Local knowledge helps Robin Roussel claim a share of the Alfred Dunhill lead
Scotland’s Scott Jamieson lies a shot behind following a 66.
Paul Casey a surprise entrant for 2021 Saudi International
Casey opted out of the inaugural event in 2019, citing concerns over the country’s human rights record.
Joy, relief as golf courses in England given green light to reopen from December 2
Prime Minister Boris Johnson confirmed the good news on Monday.
Joachim B Hansen makes up for Italian Open disappointment with Joburg victory
The Dane withdrew from the final round in Italy after his caddie tested positive for Covid-19.