This prestigious golf resort in West Midlands, is the home of this week’s Quinn Direct British Masters.
The Belfry is a prestigious golf resort in Wishaw, Warwickshire, near Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, where this week’s The Quinn Direct British Masters is to be played.
Owned by Irish billionaire Sean Quinn, who acquired the course in 2005, this magnificent parkland course is set in 550 acres of the finest English countryside, yet is only minutes from major transport links.
The club has three golf courses.
the championship ‘Brabazon’ layout is the main tournament course with the others being ‘The PGA National’ and ‘The Derby Course’.
The Belfry hosted the Ryder Cup in 1985, 1989, 1993 and 2002, and has staged many European Tour events.
As of 2007, The Belfry, a “unique four star resort”, according to it’s official website, has 324 hotel rooms and suites and is able to cater for world class golf events, has abundant conference and leisure facilities, and a team “who will ensure your visit is every bit as good as it should be”.
One of the world’s most famous golf destinations, The Belfry is home to the Quinn Direct British Masters, and has hosted the Benson & Hedges International Open and the PGA Seniors’ Championship and along with an unprecedented four Ryder Cups, stands as testimony to the quality of golf you will experience here.
It is this quality that has also led to The Belfry being chosen as home to the headquarters of the PGA of Great Britain & Ireland, the PGA of Europe, and the PGA.
TOUR OF THE COURSE
For a Hole-by-Hole tour of the Brabazon course on The Belfry’s official website, you should click here
– Corporate golf memberships are available on both The Brabazon and PGA National courses.
– Season Ticket Holder Membership is available on the PGA National and The Derby courses from as little as £439.
PGA NATIONAL GOLF ACADEMY
The PGA National Golf Academy, which is situated at the club, reflects The Belfry’s dedication to golf by offering world class golf tuition, practice facilities and custom fitting services to golfers of all abilities, ranging from the raw beginner to the finely honed advanced golfer. The Belfry boasts that with it’s handpicked team of over 20 PGA qualified Golf Professionals on site, it is able to continually offer the most up to date teaching methods
The academy offers:
– A 34 bay floodlit driving range
– A short game practice area
– A Mini Brabazon 18 hole putting course
– A Nike golf shop and Custom Fitting suite
– Video analysis and launch monitor technology
– Junior Golf Academy
The National Custom Fit Centre offers a choice of five custom fitting suites, bringing together a range of the latest golf clubs from ten of the worlds leading brands. Custom fitting sessions are charged at £50 which is then deducted from the price of your clubs at purchase.
– Leisure Club: Outside of the golf, you can also take time out to relax in the leisure club with its swimming pools, its sauna, gymnasium and exercise studio.
– The Spa: You can also pampered and rejuvenated in The Spa with its treatment rooms and hair salon.
WINING AND DINING:
The Belfry claims to be “every bit as passionate about food as we are about golf” and says it can offer a dining experience to suit every occasion and taste, ranging from:
– The gourmet award-winning cuisine of The French Restaurant
– The exciting atmosphere of Sam’s Bar and Grill whose welcoming decor is enhanced by historic golfing images, memorabilia and views over the golf courses and whose vibrant and buzzing atmosphere is complimented by a large screen showing Sky Sports channels.
– The Atrium where you can tailor an array of traditional roasts and speciality dishes by selecting your favourites from our mouth-watering buffet of starters and desserts.
– The Belfry Bar which is the place to indulge in coffee and teas from around the world, and in sandwiches and light snacks during the day, and in a fun Spanish tapas menu in the evening.
– The Cafe Bar which is situated in the Leisure Club and is ideal for a more informal dining experience that provides you with an extensive selection of healthy options including salads, freshly made fruit smoothies, wraps and jacket potatoes.
Most of the venues open from 7h00 and stay open until 23.00 with food served until 21h30 to 22h00
FURTHER INFORMATION: For further information re accommodation, dress codes, memberships, course fees etc you can go to http://www.thebelfry.co.uk/aboutthebelfry.cfm or phone +44 (0)1675 470301 or fax +44 (0)1675 470256
A nice birdie-fest – Tiger Woods expecting low scoring Hero World Challenge
Woods withdrew on Monday due to plantar fasciitis in his right foot.
Adam Scott relishing chance to experience a career first at the Australian Open
The tournament sees men, women and golfers with disabilities competing on the same course at the same time.
Tiger Woods backs up Rory McIlroy and says LIV Golf boss Greg Norman ‘has to go’
Woods called McIlroy a ‘true leader’ as he spoke out about the Saudi-funded breakaway.
Tiger Woods withdraws from Hero World Challenge due to foot problem
The former world number one has not played since the Open Championship in July.
Tiger Woods to partner son Charlie in next month’s PNC Championship
Woods has not played since the Open Championship in July.
I want to fulfil my dreams – Adam Scott in no mood to lower expectations
Scott is seeking a third Australian PGA Championship title this week in his native Queensland.
Nicolas Colsaerts named a vice-captain for Europe’s Ryder Cup team
The Belgian joins Thomas Bjorn and Edoardo Molinari on Luke Donald’s staff.
Ireland’s Ancient East: Golf attractions alongside stunning beauty of Kildare
Ireland has a rich mix of tourist attractions across its varied and beautiful terrain.
Rory McIlroy crowned top golfer in Europe despite Jon Rahm claiming Dubai title
The Spaniard’s two-shot victory over England’s Tyrrell Hatton and Sweden’s Alex Noren was his third in six years at Jumeirah Golf Estates.
Leona Maguire shoots day’s best to tie Lydia Ko in chasing LPGA’s largest prize
Maguire is chasing her second title while Ko is close to claiming her second straight LPGA Tour player of the year.