NEW ADAMS IRON-HYBRID SETS COMING
Adams Golf, a World leader in hybrid iron technology, is set to launch a new set of irons incorporating six hybrids and just two cavity-back short irons
Adams Golf, the World leader in hybrid iron technology and maker of the best selling hybrid iron franchise of all time, is set to launch a new set of irons incorporating six hybrids and just two cavity-back short irons
Called the ‘Idea a3OS’, the new set of clubs has been developed, Adams Golf said in a press release this week, with the goal of creating
the easiest-to-hit set of irons in golf.
And Adams Golf engineers believe the new sets have produced game improvement results never seen before.
Built with Boxer Technologyä, the latest breakthrough in hybrid shaping and performance, the Idea a3OS set delivers a category-leading MOI that translates into extreme forgiveness, increased ball speed for greater distance, and more spin resulting in a high-launch trajectory and more carry distance.
In addition, fluid transition through the set allows for consistent distance gapping so that the player has the perfect club for every shot.
“We’ve maintained a leadership position in the hybrid iron category for years and our experience and expertise is evident with the superior performance and maximum-game improvement features of these new Idea a3OS Hybrid Irons,” said Chip Brewer, Adams Golf president and CEO.
“We answered the challenge of making this new hybrid iron set outperform the previous version, Idea a2OS, as well as making it the easiest set of irons to hit on the market.
Since Idea a2OS was a market share leader we felt it was imperative to set our sights on making this product even better for this segment of golfers looking for more benefits and better playability.”
How the new Idea a3OS iron sets are made up:
– Idea a3OS Men’s: 3, 4 & 5 Boxerä Hybrids, 6, 7 & 8 Trans-hybrids and 9-PW Cavity-back irons. (Right & Left hand. Regular, Stiff & X-Stiff flexes).
– Idea a3OS Senior: 4, 5 & 6 Boxerä Hybrids, 7, 8 & 9 Trans-hybrids, and PW & SW Cavity-back irons. (Right & Left hand. Lite flex).
– Idea a3OS Women’s: 4, 5 & 6 Boxerä hybrids, 7, 8 & 9 Trans-hybrids, and PW & SW Cavity-back irons. (Right & Left hand. Women’s Regular and Soft flex).
– The 3, 4, 5 Hybrids with Boxer Technologyä offer “category-leading MOI for more forgiveness with off-center hits through geometric shaping”.
– That their maraging steel, pull-face construction “delivers high COR for more ball speed and greater distance”.
– That their milled face grooves “translate into more consistency and control”.
– And that the “cambered sole design and trailing-edge draft relief enhances playability from all lies”.
Their 6, 7 & 8 Trans-Hybrids, say Adams Golf, are easy-to-hit, wide sole, iron-like hybrids that perfectly bridge the gap between the Boxer hybrids and the offset under-cut short irons.
– they also maintains consistent launch conditions through the set with low CG, high MOI and a maraging steel face insert for a hot ball flight.
Their 9-PW Cavity-back Short Irons have:
– A wide sole design that lowers the CG for better feel and confidence in short yardage performance.
The company also offers Gap, Sand and Lob wedges which are sold separately.
For Shafts, they use:
– Men’s – ProLaunch Platinum 80-gram & True Temper Performance Lite 105-gram
– Senior’s – ProLaunch Platinum 65-gram
– Women’s – ProLaunch Platinum Ultralite 55-gram
For Grips, they use
– Men’s: Tour Traction
– Senior’s: Winn G8
– Women’s: Winn G6
The expected shipping dare from the factor for the new Idea a3OS sets of irons is October 1 and the suggested retail price of the clubs are:
Men’s sets – $799.99 for sets with graphite shafts and $699.99 for sets with steel shafts.
Senior’s & Women’s sets – $799.99/graphite
Xander Schauffele pledges to ‘fake it until I make it’ after contracting Covid
Schauffele is one of 16 players in the Sentry Tournament of Champions who failed to win an official event last season.
After years with TaylorMade, Jon Rahm joins Callaway
Spaniard will have Callaway woods and irons in his bag at Sentry Tournament of Champions.
What to expect from the 2021 OMEGA Dubai Desert Classic
There are more prestigious events on the European Tour, but there’s no denying that the Dubai Desert Classic just has something about it.
Organisers delay ticketing process for 2021 Masters as another fan shutout looms
Augusta National Golf Club is considering its options before making a call on 2021 Masters.
Tiger Woods’ former swing coach: I think I over-coached him
Sean Foley reckons he didn’t give Tiger the help he really needed.
Greg Norman returns home from hospital to await coronavirus test results
The 65-year-old spent Christmas Day in hospital after experiencing symptoms.
Lee Westwood sees age as no barrier to his golfing aspirations
Westwood, at the age of 47, has been crowned European Tour’s Golfer of the Year for 2020.
Tiger Woods and son Charlie finish seventh in PNC Championship
Tiger said it was “incredibly special” to spend quality time with his son on the golf course.
Tiger Woods and son Charlie create media storm in Florida
Woods Jnr’s swing looks an awful lot like his famous father’s.