NEW ADAMS IRON-HYBRID SETS COMING
Adams Golf, a World leader in hybrid iron technology, is set to launch a new set of irons incorporating six hybrids and just two cavity-back short irons
Adams Golf, the World leader in hybrid iron technology and maker of the best selling hybrid iron franchise of all time, is set to launch a new set of irons incorporating six hybrids and just two cavity-back short irons
Called the ‘Idea a3OS’, the new set of clubs has been developed, Adams Golf said in a press release this week, with the goal of creating
the easiest-to-hit set of irons in golf.
And Adams Golf engineers believe the new sets have produced game improvement results never seen before.
Built with Boxer Technologyä, the latest breakthrough in hybrid shaping and performance, the Idea a3OS set delivers a category-leading MOI that translates into extreme forgiveness, increased ball speed for greater distance, and more spin resulting in a high-launch trajectory and more carry distance.
In addition, fluid transition through the set allows for consistent distance gapping so that the player has the perfect club for every shot.
“We’ve maintained a leadership position in the hybrid iron category for years and our experience and expertise is evident with the superior performance and maximum-game improvement features of these new Idea a3OS Hybrid Irons,” said Chip Brewer, Adams Golf president and CEO.
“We answered the challenge of making this new hybrid iron set outperform the previous version, Idea a2OS, as well as making it the easiest set of irons to hit on the market.
Since Idea a2OS was a market share leader we felt it was imperative to set our sights on making this product even better for this segment of golfers looking for more benefits and better playability.”
How the new Idea a3OS iron sets are made up:
– Idea a3OS Men’s: 3, 4 & 5 Boxerä Hybrids, 6, 7 & 8 Trans-hybrids and 9-PW Cavity-back irons. (Right & Left hand. Regular, Stiff & X-Stiff flexes).
– Idea a3OS Senior: 4, 5 & 6 Boxerä Hybrids, 7, 8 & 9 Trans-hybrids, and PW & SW Cavity-back irons. (Right & Left hand. Lite flex).
– Idea a3OS Women’s: 4, 5 & 6 Boxerä hybrids, 7, 8 & 9 Trans-hybrids, and PW & SW Cavity-back irons. (Right & Left hand. Women’s Regular and Soft flex).
– The 3, 4, 5 Hybrids with Boxer Technologyä offer “category-leading MOI for more forgiveness with off-center hits through geometric shaping”.
– That their maraging steel, pull-face construction “delivers high COR for more ball speed and greater distance”.
– That their milled face grooves “translate into more consistency and control”.
– And that the “cambered sole design and trailing-edge draft relief enhances playability from all lies”.
Their 6, 7 & 8 Trans-Hybrids, say Adams Golf, are easy-to-hit, wide sole, iron-like hybrids that perfectly bridge the gap between the Boxer hybrids and the offset under-cut short irons.
– they also maintains consistent launch conditions through the set with low CG, high MOI and a maraging steel face insert for a hot ball flight.
Their 9-PW Cavity-back Short Irons have:
– A wide sole design that lowers the CG for better feel and confidence in short yardage performance.
The company also offers Gap, Sand and Lob wedges which are sold separately.
For Shafts, they use:
– Men’s – ProLaunch Platinum 80-gram & True Temper Performance Lite 105-gram
– Senior’s – ProLaunch Platinum 65-gram
– Women’s – ProLaunch Platinum Ultralite 55-gram
For Grips, they use
– Men’s: Tour Traction
– Senior’s: Winn G8
– Women’s: Winn G6
The expected shipping dare from the factor for the new Idea a3OS sets of irons is October 1 and the suggested retail price of the clubs are:
Men’s sets – $799.99 for sets with graphite shafts and $699.99 for sets with steel shafts.
Senior’s & Women’s sets – $799.99/graphite
Tiger Woods to partner son Charlie in next month’s PNC Championship
Woods has not played since the Open Championship in July.
I want to fulfil my dreams – Adam Scott in no mood to lower expectations
Scott is seeking a third Australian PGA Championship title this week in his native Queensland.
Nicolas Colsaerts named a vice-captain for Europe’s Ryder Cup team
The Belgian joins Thomas Bjorn and Edoardo Molinari on Luke Donald’s staff.
Ireland’s Ancient East: Golf attractions alongside stunning beauty of Kildare
Ireland has a rich mix of tourist attractions across its varied and beautiful terrain.
Rory McIlroy crowned top golfer in Europe despite Jon Rahm claiming Dubai title
The Spaniard’s two-shot victory over England’s Tyrrell Hatton and Sweden’s Alex Noren was his third in six years at Jumeirah Golf Estates.
Leona Maguire shoots day’s best to tie Lydia Ko in chasing LPGA’s largest prize
Maguire is chasing her second title while Ko is close to claiming her second straight LPGA Tour player of the year.
Rory McIlroy edges ahead of Matt Fitzpatrick in race to be European number one
McIlroy’s third round of 65 at the DP World Tour Championship put him back ahead of his rival in the rankings.
Lydia Ko firms lead for biggest prize in women’s golf history at LPGA finale
The 25-year-old turned a one-shot lead into a five-shot edge as she chased down the two-million-dollar (£1.6million) prize.
Matt Fitzpatrick leading race to become European number one
Rory McIlroy gave the Yorkshireman something to think about with a late blitz.
Lydia Ko in the lead for largest prize in women’s golf history at LPGA finale
The 25-year-old finished seven-under 65 in her bid to win the two-million-dollar (£1.6million) prize.