It’s Westwood Ho! in Jakarta

Lee Westwood shared the lead with two holes to go when lightening ended the second day’s play in Jakarta.

England’s Lee Westwood held a share of the second round lead with two holes s to play at the Indonesian Master when lightening ended play for the day.

The World No 2, who can reclaim the World No 1 ranking if he wins here at the Royale Jakarta Country Club on Sunday, was at 5-under for the round and at 9-under for the tournament, had put himself in a strong position to take sole possession of the lead when he returns to finish his second round early on Saturday morning.

As it is now, he is tied at the top of the leaderboard with Korean Hyan Bin Park and Malaysia’s Shaaban Hussin who, earlier in day, emerged from relative obscurity to snatch the second round clubhouse lead without hitting a single par in his first nine holes.

The Malaysian posted a five-under-par 67 in which he mixed six birdies with three bogeys on his outward nine.

His second nine was bogey free, but he managed to pick up further shots at the 12th and 18th to claim the early lead.

Westwood, who started his day two shots behind overnight leader Siddikur but promptly blazed away with four straight birdies before a bogey at the 5th briefly slowed his charge and a birdie at 6th sent him through the turn in a sizzling 32.

he had posted two more birdies and a second bogey on the back nine to move to 5-under and into a share of the lead when late afternoon lightening forced him to abandon his round.

And Siddikur? What had happened the one-name Bangladeshi surprise package who had surprised the field in the first round with his lead-getting 6-under 66?

He was having an unhappy second day and at 1-over for the round and 5-under for the tournament after 16 holes, had tumbled down the leaderboard into 13th place.

Westwood, who reverted to his conventional putter from a belly putter for the second round, wasn’t entirely happy with his catch-up round..

“Obviously I’m disappointed because I had two more holes to play. I’m still in contention and have to see how things go in the next two days,” he said

Shaaban, a 30-year-old former Malaysian amateur number one, said of his round: “I had a bogey on my first hole and I never gave up from there. I tried to come back from that blemish and returned with four straight birdies. After the turn, I wanted to focus more and finish strongly which I did.”

He earned his Asian Tour card in 2010 but struggled with consistency and posted only one top-10.

He is hoping to make amends this week and celebrate the arrival of his son with a victory.

“I need to maintain my rhythm like how I did today. Everything clicked for me and I’m happy with that. I’ve more reason to celebrate because I welcomed a new son two weeks ago. I’m looking forward to the next two days,” added Shaaban.

Asian Tour rookie Park earned his card at Qualifying School in Thailand earlier this year when he finished in tie for 33rd place.

He started with nine consecutive pars before bursting into life with birdies on the last three holes.

He admitted that he was lucky with his birdie on the 17th hole after his superb approach shot landed 10 feet from the hole.

“I couldn’t read the greens on the front nine and got a bit lucky on the back.

The wind was blowing very strongly on the 17th hole and I thought my approach would land far from the hole. I was very lucky it didn’t!” said the 24-year-old.

Park turned professional five years ago and decided to play on the Asian Tour to elevate his career.

“I like the way the Asian Tour is run and I’m enjoying myself here. I’m also used to the weather because I always practice in Thailand during the winter season in Korea,” Oark added.