Formotion for easy swing
Adidas’ ‘Formotion’ apparel is designed to move with the body, mirror muscle contours and eliminate restriction.
Adidas has introduced ‘Formotion’ – exciting new upper body golfing apparel that is specifically designed to move with the golfer’s body, mirror muscle contours and eliminate restriction.
A golf shirt is pulled and stretched, twisted and stressed with every swing, often to the detriment of the golfer’s comfort and performance.
Recognizing this, adidas have created a range of apparel they call ‘Formotion’ which is the result of an extensive study to create the ultimate performance fit.
“After a significant study of the golfer’s body in motion,” said Patricia Dahan, Senior director of global apparel for adidas golf, “we have been able to engineer our Formotion products to reduce and optimize seams for the sport of golf, and offer a fitted, modern, athletic silhouette with all the benefits of our ClimaCool technology.”
Making strategic use of seam-optimization – including an innovative new wrap-around shoulder construction, and seam-reduction to elevate freedom of motion to a higher level – each piece of Formotion seems to anticipate your natural motions before you make them.
This via a:
– Shaped Shoulder – a completely reconfigured shape to create a new, wrap-around construction that flows smoothly with the natural motion and rotation of the shoulders.
– Curved Hem – Promotes a more athletic fit and feel, helping the garment fit snugly to the body. Raglan Sleeve Construction – Extends up and around the back to allow the garment to glide and roll with the movement and motion of the body during the swing.
– Re-Engineered Mesh – Enhances airflow in and vapor flow out in critical areas, increasing the degree of cool, dry comfort.
– Sport-Specific 3D Design – Forms to the lats and mimics lower-body movement for improved comfort.
– ClimaCool® Technology – Highly breathable, 100% CoolMAX® Extreme fabric wicks moisture away from the skin for quick evaporation.
Formotion is available now in a variety of men’s and women’s styles and colors. Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices in the USA range from $80 – $90.
Rory McIlroy taking inspiration from Tiger Woods ahead of Abu Dhabi Championship
The 32-year-old’s form since the Ryder Cup has given him “renewed optimism, excitement and anticipation”.
Collin Morikawa using Bahamas setback as motivation to become world number one
The two-time major winner squandered a five-shot lead on the final day at the Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas last month.
Bryson DeChambeau: I don’t want to be a super-controversial figure
The big-hitting American was given some useful advice by Hollywood star Chris Pratt.
Webb Simpson eyeing Ryder Cup return after winless 2021
The American tees it up this week at the Sony Open, an event where he has a fine record.
Cameron Smith secures record-breaking wire-to-wire victory in Hawaii
The Australian made history at Kapalua with his winning total.
Viktor Hovland happy to be reunited with lost golf clubs in Hawaii
Viktor Hovland was able to breathe a sigh of relief after being reunited with his golf clubs six days after losing them in transit.
Phil Mickelson confirmed for Tournament of Champions after 21-year absence
Phil Mickelson has confirmed his participation in next month’s Sentry Tournament of Champions on the PGA Tour.
Tiger Woods ‘worn out’ after second-placed finish with son at PNC Championship
Team Woods finished two shots behind John Daly and his son John Daly II in Orlando.
Tiger Woods and son Charlie three shots back at PNC Championship in Orlando
The 15-time major winner was back in action after injury
Tiger’s back: All the best social as Tiger Woods returns to the golf course
The 15-time Major Champion played his first round of golf in public since his car accident in February.