Although the TPC Boston, which will stage the upcoming Deutsche Bank Championship, only opened on June 28, 2002, it has already established itself as one of the leading clubs on the nationwide TPC Network owned or operated by the PGA TOUR.
The TPC Boston is a private club that, according to it's official website, "has been created to provide its members with a unique golfing and entertainment experience in a setting of truly unsurpassed service".
The Club offers an 18-hole Arnold Palmer signature championship golf course of sufficient excellence as to have been chosen as the site for the second leg of the four-leg, FedEx Cup play-off series .
Innovative design and a great deal of respect for nature are the hallmarks of all truly great golf courses, and TPC Boston's architects believe that their championship layout "is no exception".
Originally designed by Palmer, the club's layout was re-designed in 2007 by celebrated golf course architect Gil Hanse, with PGA Tour player Brad Faxon serving as a consultant. The result is a compelling par-72, 7,241-yard standout that was named by Golf Digest as the 'Best Private Remodel' of 2007.
Built so as to fit seamlessly into the natural New England landscape, lush fairways and Bent grass greens traverse gently rolling hills, with stands of mature trees, rocky mounds and 92 deep bunkers creating a stern challenge and a stunning backdrop in Norton's Great Woods.
Yet while tough enough to challenge the world class field that annually contests the Deutsche Bank Championship, five sets of tees on each hole make the course an enjoyable experience for golfers of all skill levels.
In addition to the golf course, the TPC Boston offers an expansive 10 acre practice facility along with an elegant 34,000 square-foot clubhouse offering all the usual facilities that have come to be expected of golf institutions of quality.
Settled in the Great Woods of Norton, Massachusetts, the TPC Boston offers the understated, traditional feel New Englanders are accustomed to, while also providing the best of modern day amenities and comfort.
GOLF COURSE INFORMATION
Ratings and yardage
Off the Tour tees, it has a course rating of 77.0, a slope rating of 152 and is 7241 yards long
Off the members tees, it's course rating is 72.2, it's slope rating 142 and it is 6441 yards long with the women's equivalents being 72.0, 121/1325 and 5101 yards.
Click here for more info on the official club website.
– The 34,000 square foot clubhouse was selected by Golf Inc. Magazine as the 2003 Top New Private Clubhouse in the United States.The facility includes a dining room, a more casual Grille, meeting and banquet facilities, locker rooms, and a Pro Shop offering all the leading brands of equipment and apparel as well as special TPC Boston and Deutsche Bank branded goods.
– The Main Dining Room has a capacity of 80 and offers a beautiful view of the 18th hole amid a classic New England interior.
– The Great Woods Grille has a capacity of 60 and is an ideal place to enjoy a meal before or after golf. A breezy patio is located just off the Grille Room overlooking the 18th hole.
– The Connell Room is for private functions and accommodates 32, with grand views of the 18th green.
– The Chart Room has been designed specifically for business meetings and has a capacity of 36. Audio visual equipment is available for rent.
SOME GUEST INFORMATION
– Proper attire for the course and the clubhouse: A collared shirt and slacks for the men and a blouse and slax for the women. Bermuda-length shorts can be worn, but no denim attire of any kind, no T-shirts and no flip-flops are permissible and exercise, running, bathing, and tennis attire are not considered appropriate forms of dress. Only soft spikes are allowed, either on the course, or in the clubhouse.
What you need to know about the new Wilson Dynapower forged irons
Find out if the new Wilson Dynapower forged irons are for you.
WATCH: Golf course maintenance crew lose control of cart and drive it off bridge
Out of control maintenance men can be a curse.
PING refresh PLD Milled putters – and the standards are as high as ever
There is nothing about the 2024 PING PLD Milled putters that is really surprising but the range lives up to the name.
Tiger Woods makes rare wood change in adjusted 2024 bag
Tiger Woods makes a big change.
11 of Texas’ best exclusive golf courses that you’ll probably never play
Texas has a fine selection of private golf courses worth adding to your bucket list.
WATCH: Wife makes no attempt to hide laugher watching husband mishit golf shot
If you can’t laugh at yourself on the golf course bring your wife along.
WATCH: Golfer struggles to get down the green in treacherous wind and rain
What does it take to get you off the golf course?
The 7 best balls for low swing speed golfers to get more distance
Get more distance with these balls.
WATCH: Amateur golfer suffers pain of double-hit attempting chip for bogey
Double-hits are no longer punished the same way as before.
Why Bandon Dunes is a must visit golfing mecca in Oregon
Bandon Dunes is a special golf resort.