Montgomerie Maxx Royal
The Montgomerie Maxx Royal Golf club where this week’s inaugural Turkish Airlines Open, the third event in the Race To Dubai’s new Final Series, is located in the picturesque Belek region of Turkey, 30 km to the east of Antalya on the Mediterranean coast.
The, area, specifically chosen for its natural beauty and wonderful climate, has clearly helped the course architect, Scottish golf icon Colin Montgomerie, to produce what has been described as a par 72, 6 486 metre masterpiece that stems partly from Montgomerie’s unique understanding of the game and partly from the magnificence of the parkland forest and seaside terrain over which the Maxx Royal wends its way.
Says Montgomerie of the course: “Turkey is an up and coming golf destination and to be given the opportunity to design a course in this developing market is a great honour. I hope that the work we have done will further enhance the Belek region as a top golfing destination.”
The new layout, which opened on the September 1, 2008, has four tees per hole in order to accommodate all levels of golfers from the high handicappers to the world’s top professionals, has a series of challenging and undulating fairways with plenty of strategic options, has scores of sand and waste, bunkers that between them occupy 7 ha of the course’s total of 104 ha, has Greens that average out at around 600 sq metres and eight lakes which all impact on the course.
The club can also boast of having some high-class practice facilities that include a double-ended driving range with 25 bays and individual teaching areas, a 1019 sq metre putting green, a 750 sq metre chipping and pitching green and a 600 sq metre bunker green.
Qualified teachers are on duty seven days a week.
But to get a better idea of this ‘soft-spikes only’ course’s layout and its finer details, you can go to the club’s official hole-by-hole picture of the course if you click here.
The club’s elegant and spacious new clubhouse offers a serene atmosphere with some breathtaking views of the mountains and the Mediterranean sea from its towers, the main one of which can be booked by small groups for special occasions and intimate dining facilities.
The excellent facilities provided by the clubhouse include:
– a high-class restaurant offering a formal dining experience with acclaimed Turkish and international dishes on the menu
– a terrace lounge overlooking the 18th hole that offers golfers a post-round chance to relax with refreshments and take in the surroundings.
– an up-market pro-shop offering all the major international and local brands of golf equipment and attire as well as Montgomerie Maxx Royal souvenir T-shirts.
– Two on-course toilets
– A Mobile ‘buggy bar’
– Green fees vary from €45.00 to €115.00 depending on the day, time of day and time of year
– 180 pull trolleys available at €5,00 per round
– 10 electric trolleys available at €10.00 per round
– 35 golf buggies available at €35,00 per round.
– Rental clubs available at €25.00 per round
– Yardage books can be purchased for €4.00
– Mastercards and Visa credit cards accepted.
Additional info for guests
– Lockers rooms and showering facilities available
– Caddies available on inquiry
– There is a shuttle service for hotel guests to other golf clubs in the vicinity
– The dress code is traditional, elegant golfing attire (ie No denim clothing or tee shirts).
– Soft spikes are a must at all times.
To contact the club:
Write to: Iskele Mevkii, Turizm Cad., Belek / Antalya
Telephone: 242 710 2700
Fax: 242 710 2730
Or e-mail: email@example.com
WATCH: Golf course maintenance crew lose control of cart and drive it off bridge
Out of control maintenance men can be a curse.
PING refresh PLD Milled putters – and the standards are as high as ever
There is nothing about the 2024 PING PLD Milled putters that is really surprising but the range lives up to the name.
Tiger Woods makes rare wood change in adjusted 2024 bag
Tiger Woods makes a big change.
11 of Texas’ best exclusive golf courses that you’ll probably never play
Texas has a fine selection of private golf courses worth adding to your bucket list.
WATCH: Wife makes no attempt to hide laugher watching husband mishit golf shot
If you can’t laugh at yourself on the golf course bring your wife along.
WATCH: Golfer struggles to get down the green in treacherous wind and rain
What does it take to get you off the golf course?
The 7 best balls for low swing speed golfers to get more distance
Get more distance with these balls.
WATCH: Amateur golfer suffers pain of double-hit attempting chip for bogey
Double-hits are no longer punished the same way as before.
Why Bandon Dunes is a must visit golfing mecca in Oregon
Bandon Dunes is a special golf resort.
WATCH: Paige Spiranac takes on Country Club Adjacent’s Back Off Challenge
Country Club Adjacent finally lined up Paige Spiranac for a backoff challenge.