Mickelson skipping Tucson
Last updated: 8th February 2013
Phil Mickelson has confirmed that he won't be playing in the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship later this month.
It's the third time in the past four years he's opted out of appearing at the event.
Mickelson said his three children are all off school that week and he will be going on a family holiday instead.
The tournament, which features the world's top 64 players in action, takes place February 20-24 just north of Tucson, Arizona.
Mickelson has made the quarterfinals of the event only once in 11 appearances, and that was back in 2004 at La Costa.
His absence opens the door for the 65th player in the world ranking after this week to be eligible to play.
Some choice images from the final round of the Masters at Augusta, as Bubba Watson pulled of a superb repeat victory. Go to Gallery
The movers and shakers at the third round of the US Masters at Augusta National. Go to Gallery
- Dubuisson impressed by talent in Asia
- Poulter: Ryder Cup stars hitting form
- Stenson eyes Tiger's number one spot
- R&A chief Dawson to retire
- Woods' absence hurting the game
- Kuchar switches focus to Ryder Cup
- Jimenez makes winning debut
- Kuchar pips Donald to Heritage crown
- Fifteen-year-old Katsu wins in Japan
- Westwood claims commanding win
Neville Leck Blog
"The embrace a gleeful Sergio Garcia gave his German caddy after his first victory in 2013 at the Thailand Open on S..."
Nestling on the banks of the Mississippi, TPC Louisiana, scene of the Zurich Classic, is one of Pete Dye's best.
Quail Hollow Club, which next week hosts the Wells Fargo Championship, is one of the finest in Southeast USA.
Looking For The Perfect Pitch? Visit The Swing Doctor!