Tiger Woods has split with his swing coach Chris Como after a three-year spell together.
Woods has decided to work alone for the 2018 campaign after returning to action at the Hero World Challenge earlier this month – his first tournament since February, due to another lengthy lay-off with a back injury.
"Since my fusion surgery I've been working hard to relearn my own body and golf swing," said the 41-year-old.
"For now, it's best for me to continue to do this on my own. I'm grateful to Chris Como for his past work, and I have nothing but respect for him."
Statement from Chris Como re: split with Tiger Woods. pic.twitter.com/h9gtdkdwmA
— Rex Hoggard (@RexHoggardGC) December 22, 2017
Woods performed well at the Hero World Challenge after returning from a fourth operation on his back – a procedure which Como hopes will help the former world number one finally cure the problem.
"Tiger is ready to have an incredible next run in his career,” said Como in a statement to the Golf Channel.
"I'm eager to watch what will be one of the most exciting sports comebacks of all time. I will continue to be a close friend and resource to him."
Rory McIlroy back to winning ways; Tiger Woods back in contention – suddenly golf’s future looks a whole lot brighter.