|J Snyder III||+|
By Neville Leck Last updated: 3rd January 2013
Kapalua Resort's claim of being able to offer world-class golf in a majestic setting is no exaggeration. It is all of that - and more.
The Maui resort, where outstanding accommodation comes with some of America's finest beaches, breath-taking views and outstanding golfing and tennis holiday packages, has two championship course which ooze the tropical paradise that is Hawaii.
They are the local's favourite, the Bay Course, and the better-known Plantation Course, where the US PGA Tour's opening event of 2013, the Tournnament of Champions, teed of on Thursday.
Recognized by Travel & Leisure Golf Magazines as Hawaii's Best Golf Resort, Kapalua, outside of it's first-class pro-shop and change-room facilities, can also boast of having a state-of-the-art instructional facility unparalleled in Hawaii.
Raw and inexperienced hackers can learn the basics of the game while scratch golfers can hone their skills at The Kapalua Golf Academy where its more than 30 qualified PGA professionals make up the largest teaching staff at any Hawaii teaching facility.
Half-day, 2-day, or 3-day Golf schools are the perfect complement to any vacation on Maui, but full golf instruction vacation packages are also available.
THE PLANATION COURSE
This par 73, 7,411-yard course, is the course of the champions; the regular site of the US PGA Tour's season-opening Tournament of Champions which each January features a field made up only of the previous year's PGA Tour winners.
Over the years the field has included most of the world's greatest golfers, Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Ernie Els, Retief Goosen, Stuart Appleby and Davis Love III to name just a few.
The grand scale of the course, designed by Ben Crenshaw and Bill Coore, winds like a brilliant green ribbon across spectacular natural geographic formations and pristine pineapple plantation fields that take your breath away
HOLE BY HOLE TOUR:
To get a better idea of what we are talking about, make a hole by hole tour of the Kapalua Resort's Plantation Course on Maui by CLICKING HERE and then clicking on Interactive Tourbox.
- Tee-time reservations can be made by calling 808-669-8044 or Toll Free 1-877-Kapalua
- For Kapalua Golf Academy information and reservations you can call 808-665-5455 or Toll Free 1-877-
KAPALUA GREEN FEES:
For the Plantation and the Bay Courses
Standard 18 holes:
Plantation course - $278
Bay Course - $208
18 holes for Guests registered at the Resort's Kapalua Villas, Kapalua Luxury Homes, or the Ritz-Carlton:
Plantation - $228
Bay - $188
Plantation - $178
Bay - $148
9-Hole Rate (late afternoon)
Plantation - $128
Bay - $98
Replay (same day - if a tee-time is available):
Plantation - $83
Bay - $68
Caddie Fee (per player and subject to availability) $38
Rider Fee (on share basis) $28
- Clubs $65
- Golf Shoe $14
* Above prices do not include sales tax.
NOTE: Proper golf attire to be worn at all times
KAPALUA GOLF ACADEMY LESSONS & INSTRUCTION
- ½ Hour Private Instruction $85
- 1 Hour Private Instruction $125
- 1 Hour Video Instruction $150
- Lesson Series (3 or more lessons) $110/hour
- Junior Instruction (15 years and younger) $80/hour
- On Course Playing Lesson (2 - 2½ hrs) $350, Junior Rate $280
- Half-Day Golf School $195
- One Day Golf School $375
- Two-Day Golf School (lunch included) $895
- Three-Day Golf School (lunch included) $1,295
- Range Balls (90-100 balls) $12
- Daily Clinics:
Monday - Friday & Sunday: 3pm - 4pm - $50 per person
Sunday clinic is complimentary. Two-person minimum is required to hold clinics.
Reservations are required. 808-665-5455
*Above rates do not include sales tax.
NOTE: Proper golf attire to be worn at all times
An award-winning facility, expert instruction with Peter Burwash International professionals, year-round tournaments and events, a fully stocked pro shop, tennis camps and a splendid natural setting are some of the reasons Kapalua Resort is consistently ranked among the top tennis destinations in the world.
Our tennis staff also specialize in matchmaking services, so you can play as much tennis as you wish.
KAPALUA TENNIS GARDEN
Aptly named and opened in 1979, Kapalua Tennis Garden is cut out of thick, rich, indigenous foliage beside a hill that offers stunning views and a profusion of color when the summer flowers come out.
Its a wonderful backdrop for the ten plexipave courts paired in tiered clusters; four of them with lights for night play.
Since 1975, Peter Burwash International (PBI) has provided quality tennis instruction and tennis management services for many of the world's best resorts, hotels and clubs.
Using simplicity checkpoints and fundamentals that provide individualized instruction, PBI has taught over 3 million students, from beginners to professionals.
For further inform nation visit www.pbitennis.com or the Kapalua Tennis Garden at email@example.com
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 12pm and 3pm - 6pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8am - 4pm
WINING AND DINING
Kapalua Resort has a variety of dining experiences ranging from local "plate lunches" at the Honolulu Store to gourmet French, Italian, Mediterranean, Pacific Rim, Asian and fresh Hawaii cuisine at ocean view restaurants where the sound of the surf and the light of the moon enhance the culinary experience.
Besides Honolulu Store where hot breakfasts and local and deli-style lunches and groceries can be purchased, these restaurants include:
- Pineapple Grill which offers a contemporary Pacific Island cuisine 808-669-9600
- The Plantation House offering Hawaiian Mediterranean cuisine 808-669-6299
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar offering Sushi and Pacific Rim cuisine 808-669-6286
- The Banyan Tree offering Asian-inspired cuisine
- The Beach House Bar and Grill, a beach-side restaurant overlooking DT Fleming Beach
- The Lobby Lounge; A favorite locale for lounging at sunset, it offers light fare throughout the day
- The Pool Bar where you can get sandwiches, snacks and cocktails served poolside
- Kai offers the Island's freshest sushi and sashimi
- The Terrace Restaurant- the Plantation buffet and a la carte favourites for breakfasts, lunch and dinner
- Els to build on momentum
- Woods and McIlroy to star in Dubai
- Jacklin expects more from Rose
- Golfers impressed by Merion
- Frustration gets the better of McIlroy
- Mickelson left heartbroken again
- Woods completes worst ever score
- Rose in bloom as Mickelson wilts
- Rose is US Open Champion
- Thornton secures first tour win
Neville Leck Blog
"When Adam Scott won at iconic Augusta National on Sunday, he not only took possession of his first Major, he also c..."
This week's US PGA Tour stop is at TPC River Highlands, a private golf club located in Cromwell, Connecticut.
This week's BMW International Open will, once more, be played at Golfclub Munchen Nord-Eichenreid.
Which IJP Design personality are you? Win the chance to represent IJP Design.
Ian Poulter's firm releases the latest putter covers to commemorate the 2013 majors.
EnglishTLS says: "...Did someone put a witches curse on Clermont? How the mighty fallen!..."
Looking For The Perfect Pitch? Visit The Swing Doctor!